http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintuous/152929804815516



Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Beginnings!



This time last year, I wrote my first ever blog post!  I have written a grand total of 22 posts in that time, which is a bit pathetic really in comparison to even moderate bloggers.  I could put it down to being madly busy trying to juggle work, tutoring, crafting, exercise and home life, or the fact that if I don’t have a fully formed idea in mind I just don’t bother writing anything.  

Now that my hangover has subsided, I have been musing over New Year’s resolutions.  Apart from the usual, eat less, drink less, look better, take care of myself more, give myself some more time to relax, I was thinking about the following:
1)       Stop thinking about experiences in terms of pithy epithets I don’t ever post on Facebook.
2)      Try to be less cynical about people in authority.
3)      Stay in touch with old friends.
4)      Read the books I already have and try not to buy any more. 
5)      Write more. (I have an idea for a book-maybe this year, I’ll write it?!)

Happy New Year to everyone.  It is indeed a time of new beginnings.  I wrote about my cousin who died suddenly this year in an accident.  His wife gave birth to his son on New Year’s Eve, which does indeed mark a new beginning. 

1 comment:

  1. Let's get resolution 3 going! I'm a bit skint until I get a joab but would love to come up and see you. soon!!!! x

    ReplyDelete